Do you prefer straight wigs or wavy wigs? If you prefer wavy wigs, what kind of wavy wig is your favorite? Today I will introduce a typical wavy wig - water wave wigs.
There are many different hair textures of hair wigs, like body wave wigs, curly wigs, loose deep wave wigs, etc. Water wave wigs are one of the most popular wavy wigs. Why water wave wigs can emerge in all wavy wigs? The main reason is that water wave hair is a special, individual hair texture. Different from other wavy hairstyles, water wave hair is full of ups and downs, like water ripples. That is where the name “water wave” came from. It is a bouffant hairstyle that can give volume and movement to water wave wigs.
1. Can I Straighten My Water Wave Wigs?
Yes, you can straighten your water wave wigs. Straighten water wave wigs to a new straight hairstyle can give you a different look. But don’t straighten too often, or the water wave may disappear. Before straightening, you need to adjust the flat iron to a low temperature, no more than 180 degrees. The high temperature will cause heat damage to the wigs. Then straighten wigs slowly, gently.
2. How To Maintain Water Wave Wigs?
All water wave wigs in Yolissa Hair are made of 100% virgin human hair. People need to care for and maintain them like their own human hair. The key point of maintaining a water wave wig is to pay more attention to care it in their daily lives.
2.1 Wash Regularly
Washing water wave wigs regularly is an important way to keep them clean. Clean hair is not easy to get tangled. But we also don’t suggest you wash too often. It also can affect the hair quality of your water wave wigs. Wash hair wigs once or twice a week is the suitable frequency.
2.2 Wash Wigs Properly
Not just washing frequency, the washing method is also important.
1) Remove the snarls of your water wave wig with a wide-tooth comb or fingers before washing it.
2) Choose to use a showerhead, not a basin. Then adjust the water temperature, the water is not too hot, cold water is the best.
3) Prepare a suitable hair shampoo and hair conditioner.
4) Wet the wigs with cold water. And apply some hair shampoo.
5) After a few minutes, rinse the wigs clean.
6) Apply some hair conditioner.
7) Rinse the hair wigs clean.
8) Place your water wave wig on a wig stand to air dry it naturally. You also can use a hairdryer, but never use it too near the hair wigs, or set it at a high temperature. The water wave wigs can be damaged at high temperatures.
2.3 Reduce the use of hair tools that can cause heat damage to the hair wigs. Like hairdryer, flat iron, curling iron, etc.
2.4 Too many harsh chemical styling treatments also will damage wigs, like bleaches and colorants, etc.
3. Typical Water Wave Wigs Recommendations
3.1 Water Wave Lace Frontal Wigs
Lace front wigs are kinds of lace wigs, including two types, 13x4 lace front wigs, and 13x6 lace front wigs. 13x4 and 13x6 mean the size of lace frontals. We can see that these two lace frontals have the same width, different depths. 13 inches wide lace frontals can give people a complete hairline, a more real, natural wig look. Besides, 13x6 lace front wigs have 6 inches deeper lace frontals that can give people a deeper parting space for more hairstyles.
3.2 Water Wave 5x5 Lace Closure Wigs
Different from lace front wigs, 5x5 lace closure wigs have lace closures with the same width and depth. Lace closures have limited lace areas that are set in the middle of a human’s forehead. Also, installing a 5x5 lace closure wig is easier, more convenient than install a lace front wig. No need to use glue, just use clips and adjustable straps. The prices of lace closure wigs are more competitive, more affordable than other lace wigs, like lace front wigs, full lace wigs, etc.