Human hair wigs are an easy way for clients to change their looks. But here is one thing, not all of the wigs will fit you when you receive them. Or sometimes you want to change a new look on an old unit. A good way to customize a wig is to do a haircut. So you’re probably wondering: should I trim my wig in the same way as my own hair?
The answer is Yes. All human hair wigs are made of 100% virgin hair, which is cut directly from the donors, just like our own hair. That means you can trim and style as your own hair, no matter you are wearing a lace wig, including a closure wig and frontal wig, or a non-lace wig, like a U part wig and headband wig, etc. In this blog, we will offer some tips about how to trim your wig as your own hair.
Of course, the easiest and convenient way is to make an appointment with your favorite stylist to do the customization. But as the Covid is going forth and back, especially Omicron is spreading, it is not a good option to come to a salon. So you need to know some simple ways to trim your wig at your own home. Like your own hair, you can cut it into short bob styles, add more layers, make a bang to get the most natural-looking.
Before getting started trimming your wig, it is important to have the right tools, like scissors, thinning shears, rattail comb, spray bottle with water, clips, wig head, pins, wig brush, etc. Even you are not a professional wig stylist, you can use those quality tools to make the good hairstyle you want. Now you have got all the tools ready, let’s get started.
How To Cut A Wig Into A Bob?
If you are tired of long wigs and want to try a short wig style, you need to consider it carefully before you do it. Cause the wig is not like our natural hair, which can grow on its own. Once the wig was cut into short hair, it won’t recover. But if you are ready, it is not difficult to turn your long wig into a cute short bob wig style.
- Part the hair in the way you need it to be styled
- Straighten the hair with a flat iron for an even cut.
- Separate the hair into 3 sections: two sides and the back.
- Use rubber bands to secure the hair at your desired hair length.
- Cut straight long underneath the rubber bank with sharp scissors.
- Brush the hair and fix the bottom hair to make it more natural.
If you are not confident to change the long wig to a short bob wig style, you can also choose short bob wigs directly, Yolissa hair offer straight and curly bob wigs hairstyles with 8-16 Inch human hair. Cheap short natural black bob wigs and short 613 bob wigs are also available with high quality. You can choose what you need directly.
How To Trim A Wig Into Layers?
Layered hair is always one of the most popular hairstyles among medium length wigs, so If you are happy with the over length of your wig, but want to have a different look, it is time to use your thinning shears to do it.
- Put the wig on the stand or wig head and part the wig as you like.
- Use a spray bottle to wet the hair and comb it to remove tangles.
- Determine the layer position.
- Hold and secure the top section with clips.
- Grab a small section from the middle section to cut and squeeze
- Continue processing the rest hair in each layer.
- Remove the clips on the top section and repeat the layering process.
- Comb all hair and make additional trims to look more natural.
If you have a limited budget for the wig, a long wig is always at a high price, but the bob wig is too short, so you can choose a medium length wig, it is also called shoulder wigs, which is usually from 14inch to 22inch. The perfect length can offer natural-looking, Yolissa Hair offers different medium length wigs, you can choose regular Swiss lace and HD lace. You can trim the wig into layers with no pity caue of the addordable price.
How To Trim Bangs On A Wig?
Cutting bangs is one of the easiest ways to achieve a new look. You need to consider your face shape before trimming bang on your wig. Regardless of you are square face, round face, or heart shape, you can always find a perfect bang for your hairstyle. To trim your bangs, you can either put the wig on a wig head or wear the unit.
- Gather the hair over the forehead you want to cut.
- Put the back hair into a ponytail.
- Wrap a hair tie to the length of bangs you’d like to be.
- Cut just below the hair tie.
- Comb the tie and comb the bangs.
- Trim with shears to make small snips to suit your hope.
If you want to trim bangs in your wig, then a straight wig will be your perfect choice. Straight wigs are one of the most popular types of hair. Wearing a straight lace wig can save time and money because it is very easy to style and do hair care. Straight hair needs less processing than curly hair, it also can last longer than curly hair.
Yolissa hair hopes this blog can help you to get a well understanding that you can trim the wig like your own hair, and also how to trim the wig to different look you need. Or if you have any other good ideas, welcome to share them with us.
So now, why don’t get a human hair wig to try different hairstyles? Yolissa Hair offers various collections of wigs with full lace wigs, lace frontal wigs, closure wigs, and so on. As all of our hair is 100% human hair, you can trim the hair like your own hair. Come with us, you have a chance to get high-quality at the most affordable price.